REPORT OF SEMINAR FOR EVANGELISTS PROJECT, 2016
In collaboration with the Seventh Day Baptist Missionary Society, the Seventh Day Baptist Church in Rwanda organized an evangelical seminar held at Maranatha from 5th to 07th August 2016 for pastors and evangelists. The objective is to increase the capacity of participants in evangelization methodology and techniques. The theme of this seminar was “Go and Go” Mathew 28:19.
In this seminar were planned 51 participants: 26 Evangelists from all local churches; 25 Pastors from local churches.
The average number of participants was 39. After the training, each participant gained a participation certificate.
TRAINING CONTENTS AND CALENDAR
The lessons were followed days and nights during three days. Lessons were starting at 5:00 AM and ending up at 9:00 PM.
The seminar was based on the following topics:
- Introduction to the history of the Church;
- The Church of the last times;
- The gospel of 3 angels;
- Overview on the 2300 days and Holy temple;
- New Testament, tithe, offerings, and free collections;
On Sabbath, the seminar participants were gathered together with all Maranatha Christians in Sabbath services, and in that gathering, the hymn book project to be used in worshiping God, were presented to the Christians. It was the joy for all Christians, to see this first book (The book printed in the name of SDB Rwanda.)
SOURCE OF FUNDING:
The total cost of this project is RWF 486,500 or USD 633.01. The donors of this project are:
– SDB MS for USD 315 or RWF 242,065.00
– SDB Rwanda conference for USD 318.01 or RWF 244,435.00
- The participants thank the Charitable of donors through the SDB Missionary Society for its assistance to the success of this training.
- The participants agreed to set up an evangelism fund in order to achieve reliable results in the evangelization ministry
- The participants need a syllabus combining all seminar lesson in order to help them the lesson mastery
- Establishment of an evangelistic calendar in local churches to pastors and evangelists
- Training for church members in agro-livestock, with the aim of make small income generating projects, so to achieve sustainable development.
- Monitoring and evaluation activities will be established by the coordinating committee, to ensure that the execution of training is done properly.
- In partnership with the SM- the advanced training (especially on leadership, history and polity of SDB) is highly desirable.
The SDB Conference Rwanda, we appreciate the SDB MS to support this project and encourage us in Gospel Ministry generally. To increase the capacity of Evangelists and Pastors in evangelization methodology and techniques is the main pillar of a strong church in the future and the sustainable development of the church.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with all of you. II Corinthians 13:14
Done at Musanze, on 13th August, 2016