The Seventh Day Baptist Missionary Society is planning a visit to the Seventh Day Baptist churches in South Africa and Mozambique. On this trip the Executive Director of the Missionary Society, Clint Brown will be accompanied by Douglas Machado, a TIME student and co-leader of the Youth Department of the Brazilian SDB Conference.
They will be spending two week (April 6-19, 2016) between South Africa & Mozambique. The purpose of the visit is to (i) encourage the SDB churches in those countries, (ii) see how God has been working to bless their communities through them, and (iii) to evaluate how the international community of Seventh Day Baptists may be able to better cooperate with them to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ in their countries and throughout the world.
Here are 7 reasons to support this and other missions trip:
- Follow the early church example (Acts 1:8)
- People need to hear the gospel (2 Peter 3:9)
- We are commanded to go (Matthew 28:19,20)
- Missionaries are dependent on churches (2 Thessalonians 3)
- Missionaries work on behalf of their supporters (Philippians 4:17)
- Jesus requested prayer for the labors (Matthew 9:38)
- The church (believers) have the responsibility to send/support those who spread the precious Gospel of Jesus Christ (Romans 10:13-15)
Support For Clint & Douglas’ mission:
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
“Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.” – Matthew 9:37-38
~ Garfield Miller, Missions Coordinator, Jamaica