As we approach the end of the year and the Christmas Season, we are so thankful that many people are still practicing generosity and compassion, as difficult as 2020 has been. The fact is that in many ways, needs have increased, while resources have become more limited.
We encourage you to prayerfully take a look at the gift suggestions on our Christmas List published in the November 2020, Sabbath Recorder. And here, we particularly highlight three of them for your benevolent consideration:
- Gifts to any of the suggestions on the Children’s Relief Support list (#1-4) will benefit orphans, refugee children, students, and those suffering from illnesses.
- Funds to send quarterly Helping Hands (#11), our self-produced Bible Study supplemental guides, to some overseas conferences is also highlighted.
- We also remind of the need to re-open church buildings (#9) which were closed because of new government regulations. Our conference in Burundi has been hit especially hard by that development.
These are all worthy causes, which when supported, will positively impact our people, our ministries, and our spreading of the Gospel. Through you and your gifts, may the Lord bring joy to the world.
2020 Christmas Gift List Below
Children’s Relief Support:
- #1 – Orphan Support (Suggested Gift: $30)
- #2 – Aid for Children Distressed by War (Suggested Gift: $50)
- #3 – School supplies (Suggested Gift: $25)
- #4 – Medical expenses (Suggested Gift: $25)
Community Outreach Ministries:
- #5 – International corona relief (Suggested Gift: $50)
- #6 – Missionary work in the US (Suggested Gift: $25)
- #7 – Start-up churches in developing world (Suggested Gift: $100)
- #8 – Food, water & medicine to disaster areas (Suggested Gift: $45)
- #9 – Reopen church buildings, closed due to new government regulations (Suggested Gift: $100)
SDB Discipleship & Training:
- #10 – Int’l Pastoral & Leadership Training (Suggested Gift: $100)
- #11 – Ship SDB Helping Hand Overseas for a year (Suggested Gift: $22)
- #12 – SCSC Mission Track & short-term trips (Suggested Gift: $100)
- #13 – Pastors’ personal or family assistance (Suggested Gift: $40)
- #14 – Freshwater Wells (Suggested Gift: $400 / Share the Cost: $40)
- #15 – Buy Seeds/prepare land for farming (Suggested Gift: $25)
- #16 – Income-generating farms & animals (Suggested Gift: $50)
- #17 – Other sustainable projects (Suggested Gift: $25)
We hope that you will prayerfully consider how the blessings you have received may help you be involved in God’s ministry through the Missionary Society.
“for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid more than once when I was in need. Not that I desire your gifts; what I desire is that more be credited to your account.” – Philippians 4:16-17
Links for downloadables to share click HERE
~ Andrew O. Samuels, Chief Executive Director
Click here to support this or other
ministries around the world.